Saturday, December 9, 2017

Survivor

I have gone back and forth with this subject, but I wouldn’t be being true to myself if I didn’t talk/write about it.

After Stage 1 Breast Cancer, I called myself a survivor...F*CK yes... I beat cancer and was a survivor.

Then Metastatic came along.

Was I still a survivor? 

I didn’t know.

I then took on the term “thriver” because I was going to thrive in my life no matter was.

There are always debates in #Cancerland about what we, us who have been diagnosed with Mets, want to be called.

Some say no, they don’t want to be a survivor because they haven’t survived this...this thing in their body.

But after living with this Stage 4 BS for 6.75 years (!!), I have come to my conclusion of I AM A SURVIVOR! And I believe that each and every person on earth is a survivor...we ALL survive some sh*t in our lives...I mean you are here reading this-right?!?!

So, I am here to tell you that YOU yes YOU are a survivor. It doesn’t matter what you have survived-you DID IT!

Be proud.
Roll around in that feeling and love every second of it.

No comments: